Last year, the Northwire TEAM rolled out several activities and events focused on wellness and health. This became the Wired for Wellness program – an initiative that yielded great benefits for the cable manufacturing company’s employees and their communities throughout 2016. As we near the end of the year, the cable experts at NWI are pleased to see how far they’ve come.
The mission of the Wired for Wellness program is to “improve the health, happiness, and well-being of Northwire TEAM members through essential elements that build the quality of our relationships, the security of our finances, the vibrancy of our physical health and the pride we take in contributing to our communities.”
Initially built from the Fall 2015 Breast Cancer and Men’s Health Awareness events, the program has supported Northwire employees in both Wisconsin and New Mexico for a year now. During that time, the program has included:
- Series of Wellness TEAM challenges focused on stress relief, nutrition, hydration, and physical fitness
- Collaboration with local organizations to provide informative presentations to encourage physical, emotional, and financial health
- Involvement in off-site community events
- NWI-sponsored fitness classes at local gym
- Contests, raffles, and prizes for awareness and fundraising
- A healthy break room “makeover” with fresh and healthy food options
- And much more
Krista Lindquist, R&D Materials Engineer and Wired for Wellness Committee Leader, works with nearly a dozen other TEAM members to plan and coordinate these events and activities.
“This program brings fulfillment of a growing passion we didn’t realize we felt so strongly about,” said Lindquist. “It is truly rewarding to have fellow TEAM members express excitement over their own accomplishments and setting new goals to reach. It has brought a growing sense of connection to cross-departmental TEAMmembers.”
Learn more about the wire and cable company’s focus on TEAM health and community by connecting with the committee or other cable experts at Northwire. Discover the company-wide dedication to quality living and quality customer service by contacting the Customer Care TEAM at