October 13th, 2016 - Continuing in its commitment to support its TEAM members and local community, Northwire will be hosting a number of contests, events, and fundraisers over the next three months to benefit families affected by cancer and other medical issues. The wire and cable experts at NWI will also be sending some of the proceeds of these events to the Osceola Medical Center’s oncology practice.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. There will be several ways to help raise money for NWI TEAM members and immediate family fighting breast cancer, along with the OMC Oncology Center, including:
- Raffle Tickets for Fun Prizes
- Pink Bracelets
- Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest
- Halloween Bake Sale
November is also known as “Movember” for Prostate and Colon Cancer Awareness Month. Proceeds from fundraisers and events this month will benefit NWI TEAM Members and immediate family members fighting prostate or colon cancer as well as the OMC Oncology Center.
In December, the cable manufacturing company will be raising funds for its TEAM member families facing general medical issues or other difficulties.
In addition to these fall fundraisers, Northwire’s cable manufacturing and support TEAMs have a long history of helping TEAM members and the community through:
- Charity drives, walkathons, and community contests
- Community cleanup efforts
- Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, pet rescue groups, and more
- Public speaking at educational events or in organizations like MADD
- Partnerships with local schools for charity drives, tours and workshops, and internship opportunities
- And much more
Learn more about how the wire and cable manufacturers at Northwire give back by connecting with our Customer Care TEAM.