This role is responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring jobs through the complete production cycle. Confirm material supply and demands requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Advises Master Scheduler and/or Production Manager of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Plan and organization an executable daily plan for all production equipment that will create an efficient schedule and meet the needs of our customers.
- Review and release work orders daily to the production lines.
- Work with Master Scheduler and/or Production Manager to balance line capacity as needed.
- Review production demands and monitor raw material and component orders to ensure timely delivery to support production schedules.
- Monitor critical dates, organize schedule changes, and expedite orders as required.
- Act as the first level of issue resolution as it pertains to work orders and meeting the production schedule.
- Work with Production Control Supervisor, Production Control Manager, other Planner/Schedulers and others to forecast capacity for planning purposes.
- Experience with MRP systems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills- Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent focus on detail and accuracy
- Strong organization, planning, analytical problem solving.
- Ability to work with interruptions and set priorities.
- Strong Communication Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree- business, supply chain management related field or equivalent education and experience
- 2-3 years in production control or scheduling
- 2-3 years of experience utilizing an ERP system, performing MRP related scheduling functions
Preferred Education and Experience:
Minimum of 5 years of experience in production control or scheduling
Additional Eligibility Qualifications or Certifications:
- APICS certification: Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCP)
- Institute of Supply Management (ISM) certification: Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity (CPSD)
- Project Management (PMI) or Certified Project Management Professional (CAPM)
- Lean (SME): Bronze, Silver or Gold
Northwire, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V