Process Engineer I
The Process Engineer I will participate process development and implementation activities within the organization. Provide technical instruction and direction to the manufacturing personnel for various processes to include inner extrusion, cabling, braiding and jacketing. Play a role in risk analysis and mitigation activities for new production introduction projects as well as current products. Assists in developing corrective actions to process and material issues.
- Provide manufacturing support with work instructions and procedures
- Participate in projects related to risk analysis/mitigation and waste reduction
- Conduct failure analysis to control scrap and reduce waste
- Maintain and maximize utility of existing measurement control equipment such as Zumbach lasers
- Recommend use of additional measurement control equipment
- Participate in projects related to the specification, sourcing, installation and commissioning of new production equipment
- Participate in New Product Introduction and FMEA activities
- Support preventative and corrective actions to drive to root cause and implement systemic fixes
- Provide guidance and corrective action to maximize line equipment run time
- Support process/product change control procedure
- Perform and/or assess product testing
- Support the Production Supervisor and Process Technicians
- All other duties as assigned
- Problem solving and analytical ability to determine root cause
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Manual dexterity: ability to strip insulation and jackets; manipulate hand tools; use measurement tools
- MS Applications
- SolidWorks experience
- Report and technical writing
- Statistical analysis and use of control charts
- Read and interpret technical drawings and documentation
- Process knowledge
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System knowledge/experience
- ISO 13485 knowledge and experience
- ISO AS9100 Aerospace knowledge and experience
- English Proficiency Level: C1 (Advanced)
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Employee will be expected to go out to the production floor on occasion for support. Use of proper PPE will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this position, the TEAM Member is frequently required to talk or listen to fellow TEAM Members. The TEAM Member is frequently required to stand, walk, use full hand functions, and reach with hands and arms. Lifting up to 50 lbs. on infrequent basis is required.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work:
Hours of work and days are typically between 40 and 45 hours, Monday through Friday, and may vary based on business needs.
Travel is expected for this position.
No relocation is expected for this position.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 0 to 3 years’ experience, or equivalent education and experience.
0 - 3 years manufacturing experience as a process engineering technician along with 3 years Extrusion.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications or Certifications:
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable):
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the TEAM Member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.
Northwire, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V