The Process Engineer will provide technical support (product and process) to manufacturing. Provide technical instruction and direction to the manufacturing personnel for various processes to include inner extrusion, cabling, braiding and jacketing. Assists in developing corrective actions to process and material issues.
- Provide manufacturing support with work instructions and procedures
- Lead small group projects related to risk analysis/mitigation and waste reduction
- Conduct failure analysis to control scrap and reduce waste
- Maintain and maximize utility of existing measurement control equipment such as Zumbach lasers
- Recommend use of additional measurement control equipment
- Participate in projects related to the specification, sourcing, installation and commissioning of new production equipment
- Participate in New Product Introduction and FMEA activities
- Support preventative and corrective actions to drive to root cause and implement systemic fixes
- Provide guidance and corrective action to maximize line equipment run time
- Support process/product change control procedure
- Perform and/or assess product testing
- Support the Production Supervisor and Process Technicians
- All other duties as assigned
- Problem solving and analytical ability to determine root cause
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Manual dexterity: ability to strip insulation and jackets; manipulate hand tools; use measurement tools
- MS Applications
- SolidWorks experience
- Report and technical writing
- Statistical analysis and use of control charts
- Read and interpret technical drawings and documentation
- Process knowledge
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System knowledge/experience
- ISO 13485 knowledge and experience
- ISO AS9100 Aerospace knowledge and experience
This position will have no direct reports.
Expected Hours of Work:
Flexible schedule and willingness to work extended hours as needed to complete work as required.
Travel to support Santa Teresa and attend trade shows is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field and 3 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred experience in wire and cable manufacturing.
- Ideal candidates would have been in their current position for a minimum of approximatly 6 to 12 months and would have successfully completed training qualifications. If these two criteria are not met, candidates may still apply. Candidates will be evaluated on a case by case basis, weighing previous employment experience amongst other factors. In addition, no active corrective actions.
- 5 years manufacturing experience.
- Fine wire/high-temp material extrusion experience
Northwire, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V