The Process Engineer will provide technical support (product and process) to manufacturing. Provide technical instruction and direction to the manufacturing personnel for various processes to include inner extrusion, cabling, braiding and jacketing. Assists in developing corrective actions to process and material issues.
- Provide manufacturing support with work instructions and procedures
- Conduct failure analysis to control scrap and reduce waste
- Maintain and maximize utility of existing measurement control equipment such as Zumbach lasers
- Recommend use of additional measurement control equipment
- Develop and document compound extrusion techniques
- Assist in the supervision of manufacturing employees
- Provide guidance and corrective action to maximize line equipment run time
- Support process/product change control procedure
- Perform and/or assess product testing
- Support the Production Supervisor/Lead
- All other duties as assigned
- Problem solving
- Analytical ability to determine root cause
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Manual dexterity: ability to strip insulation and jackets; manipulate hand tools; use measurement tools
- MS Applications
- Engineering and Sales vocabulary
- Attention to Detail
- Report and technical writing
- Statistical analysis and use of control charts
- Read blueprints
- Process knowledge
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System knowledge/experience
- ISO 13485 knowledge and experience
This position will have no direct reports.
Expected Hours of Work:
Flexible schedule and willingness to work extended hours as needed to complete work as required.
Minimum travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 3 years’ experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- 3 years manufacturing experience as a process engineering technician along with 3 years Extrusion.
- 5 years manufacturing experience.
- Wire and cable manufacturing experience
- Fine wire/high-temp material Extrusion experience