Material Handler 2nd Shift
The Material Handler is responsible for receiving and storing all the materials used in production along returning to stock. Using a variety of scales and delivery mechanisms, including a forklift while safely ensuring timely and accurate delivery to internal customers. Material Handler must ensure all material is correctly labeled with the correct lot number and placed in the correct locations. Also responsible for incoming inspection of materials. Data entry for the return raw materials to and from the Warehouse, Production Lines and Shipping/Receiving as needed.
- Transfer raw materials both in the computer system and to/from the Warehouse, Production, and Shipping/Receiving without incurring process downtime
- Use MRP/ERP with adjusted material or product weights and locations
- Use barcode scanner(s) to verify material part numbers and locations
- Load and unload (and keep clean) compound dryers following existing procedures
- Maintain clean, organized work station and assigned areas
- Perform forklift inspections and notify Maintenance of needed repairs
- Maintain material and product documentation per requirements
- Assist with scheduled facility inventories
- All other duties assigned
- Forklift license (training provided for qualification)
- Basic math
- Problem solving
- Analytical ability
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer knowledge
- ISO 9001:2008/QMS knowledge
High school education or GED.
Previous warehouse or manufacturing forklift experience required. Ability to use MRP or ERP software preferred. Forklift certification or license preferred or must achieve Northwire Forklift License within one (1) week.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer