Master Production Scheduler
This role is responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring jobs through the complete production cycle. Confirm material supply and demands requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Advises Production Control Manager of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Plan, organize, and deliver weekly and daily plans for all production equipment that will create an efficient schedule and meet the needs of our customers.
- Review and Plan Production Orders daily to the production scheduler(s).
- Work with the Production Control Manager to balance line capacity as needed.
- Review production demands and monitor raw material and component orders to ensure timely delivery to support production schedules.
- Monitor critical dates, organize schedule changes, and expedite orders as required.
- Act as the first level of issue resolution as it pertains to work orders and meeting the production schedule.
- Work with the Production Control Manager, and others to forecast capacity for planning purposes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience with MRP systems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills- Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent focus on detail and accuracy
- Strong organization, planning, analytical problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task, work with interruptions and set priorities.
- Strong Communication Skills
Required Education and Experience:
2-3 years in production control or scheduling
Associate Degree in Business Administration or related field
Preferred Education and Experience:
Minimum of 5 years of experience in production control or scheduling
Bachelor’s degree- business, supply chain management related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications or Certifications:
- APICS certification: Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCP)
- Institute of Supply Management (ISM) certification: Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity (CPSD)
- Project Management (PMI) or Certified Project Management Professional (CAPM)
- Lean (SME): Bronze, Silver or Gold
Northwire, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability/Veteran