The Marketing Intern helps support the strategic development, execution and measurement of marketing efforts. With the guidance of the Senior Marketing Specialist, this position works closely with Innovation and Business Development colleagues and has strong customer orientation and understanding to support the overall team’s objectives.
- Monitor and assist with digital marketing campaign activity, including review and reporting progress.
- Help identify and maximize any new opportunities to drive the new business lead generation, developing ideas and offers for further optimization across marketing channels.
- Maintain professional and homogeneous appearance of communications and marketing materials used for internal marketing purposes.
- Support the coordination of Northwire’s online presence to include our website, landing pages, social media, and newsletters.
- Help plan and manage the Innovation and Business Development Team’s Event schedule to include Tradeshows, Conferences, and Workshops.
- Procure and report on sample requests from prospects and all internal/external customers.
- Assist with creation and management of collateral and sales support materials as well as promotional items.
- Administration of CRM (data entry, database maintenance, reporting, other as needed).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Direct communication style to support cross-functional involvement.
- Excellent relational and communication skills.
- Must possess strong organizational and reporting skills.
Required Education and Experience:
- Current enrollment in a 4-year accredited academic institution
- 3.0 or above GPA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding customer service and organizational skills and able to professionally communicate with diverse audiences
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- CRM data entry or admin support
- Copywriting knowledge/experience
- Social Media content posting in a professional context (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
This position operates in a professional office environment and will not be required to travel. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this position, the TEAM Member is frequently required to talk or listen to fellow TEAM Members and customers.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work:
Monday through Friday with an estimated total of 40 hours per week. Schedule may fluctuate based on business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the TEAM Member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.