Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift
Troubleshoot and repair production process lines, including mechanical, electrical, electronic, and PLC issues. Perform preventative maintenance on production process lines and related equipment. Assist with equipment retrofits/upgrades as needed. Occasional painting of equipment or facility. Maintain building and grounds as needed. Perform calibration of equipment as needed (i.e. spark testers, etc.). Complete maintenance records.
- Generates predictive maintenance (PM) work orders on production equipment, forklifts, water & air systems, building heating and cooling systems, and other auxiliary systems/equipment and ensures they are complete and on time
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical and electronic equipment/components
- Repair and modify production equipment; installation of new equipment & systems
- Completes machinist-type tasks-tooling and buillding special parts
- Perform calibration of production equipment
- Maintain building and grounds
- Maintain parts inventory
- Records management both paper and electronic
- Promote safety and quality by demonstrating correct processes, procedures, and appropriate handling of materials/tools/equipment
- All other duties as assigned
Minimum Academic & Professional Requirements:
- Education: 2-year technical degree or equivalent certification
- Key Skills: Basic computer skills, basic math skills, detail-oriented, problem-solving, analytical ability, communication skills, interpersonal skills, basic knowledge of electricity/electronics, welding, and blue-print reading
- Experience: 2-3 years manufacturing experience preferred
- Qualified Candidates: Ideal candidates would have been in their current position for a minimum of approximetly 6 to 12 months and would have successfully completed training qualifications. If these two criteria are not met, candidates may still apply. Candidates will be evaluated on a case by case basis, weighing previous employment experience amongst other factors. In addition, qualified candidate will have no current corrective counseling within the last 90 days.
How to Apply:
Apply on our website or stop in for an application.
Northwire, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V