Key Account Manager
The Key Account Manager will develop market position and grow revenue in accordance with defined targets for Northwire’s Medical business unit. This role will develop and implement a sales strategy that will be focused on the expansion of strategic national accounts, both existing and identified prospects.
- Strategically map divisions, contacts and opportunities throughout key accounts to ensure predictable growth.
- Develop strong working relationships with both corporate decision makers and target stakeholders to deliver strategic wins.
- Plan and execute against a defined revenue target.
- Identify new trends by researching industry events, publications and announcements as well as tracking emerging technologies in strong-performing companies.
- Leverage Northwire’s value proposition to support the creation of new key accounts.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate customer strategy and activities with cross functional teams.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by examining opportunities, risks and customers’ goals.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Manage all opportunities within CRM throughout the sales process.
- Leverage market knowledge of competitors, programs and customer trends to better understand potential client opportunities.
- Enhance the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to career accomplishments.
- Expertise in product and market knowledge.
- Technical knowledge within the electronics industry, ideally interconnectivity.
- Prospecting capabilities, closing skills and sales planning.
- Effective communication style to support cross-functional involvement.
- Ability to form successful working relationships quickly at all levels.
- Strategic B2B selling knowledge.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Must possess strong territory management, organizational and reporting skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to accurately forecast and budget.
This position operates in a professional office environment and will be required to travel. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and mobile phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The role requires desk work within an office environment as well as travel by plane and vehicle. While performing the duties of this position, the TEAM Member is frequently required to talk or listen to fellow TEAM Members and customers. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Travel up to 50% is expected for this position.
No relocation is expected for this position. Ideally, the Key Account Manager will be located in the Twin Cities metro area, but other locations may be open to consideration where the employee will work remotely.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Technical degree plus a minimum ten (10) years of relevant sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ experience in a customer-facing position.
- 5 years’ experience with highly technical sales.
- At least 5 years’ of demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated B2B relationships.
- At least 5 years of strategic selling experience that includes senior level meetings with accounts.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Project Management Institute Certification (PMI), preferred
- Design for Manufacturability
- Sales process training such as Miller Heiman
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable):
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the Team Member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.
Northwire, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V