I.T. Helpdesk Technician
The I.T. Helpdesk Technician provides team member support for desktop technology tools. Assist IT staff with supporting the health and security of the enterprise network infrastructure.
- Provide network and desktop support for team members including user account management, email support and desktop application support.
- Provide performance monitoring and management of the network infrastructure.
- Maintain security of the network using established methods to prevent unauthorized access to data and network resources.
- Must be self-guided and self-motivated
- Performs comprehensive work successfully given general guidance only
- Research/collect/analyze information as requested for effective business operations
- Achieve or exceed Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and Key Financial Indicator (KFI) goals
- Utilize approved project management methodology to provide deliverables at Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and Cost Performance Index (CPI) targets
- Maximize customer value by reducing and eliminating waste utilizing Lean techniques
Education and Experience:
- Requires a two-year Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. A combination of previous business experience and education/training may qualify
- Degree in IT highly preferred
- 1+ years’ experience
- Hands-on support of users in a Microsoft Windows based corporate IT environment
- Technology hardware support
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Desktop imaging tools, Symantec Ghost a plus
- Systems integration experience
- Project management experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient writing skills
- Understand the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Utilizes effective problem-solving techniques
- Strong PC skills
Northwire, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V