The ideal candidate will support the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and partner with the organization on strategic initiatives. They will maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices as well as manage and administer Human Resource functions within Northwire, Inc. to include, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, retention and training.
- Provide Tactical and Strategic Area support for all Business Units
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedure
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Coordinates response to workers compensation and EEOC claims and disputes
- Abide by Code of Ethics for Professional Conduct, utilizing appropriate behavior in situations requiring ethical decisions, and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Function as the safety officer for the organization to include managing the safety program for Northwire
- Other tasks/duties as assigned
- Two HR Generalists.
- Work Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and may vary based on business needs.
Travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience. Other 4-year degrees coupled with HR management experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of management experience in the field of Human Resources or equivalent in a manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Additional Eligibility Qualifications or Certifications:
- Familiar with Texas, New Mexico, Wisconsin, Minnesota, California, and Federal Employment Law
- PHR or SPHR or SHRM certification
Northwire, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V