Fast-paced and rapidly changing, Northwire designs and manufactures custom, made-to-order products for a diverse range of industries. Successful TEAM members will need to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, a positive attitude and exacting attention to detail. Working within a production environment utilizing a variety of plastic materials, safely operate equipment to perform set-up, and operation of extrusion machines to extrude molten plastic over individual copper conductors and fiber materials. Maintain product documentation per requirements. Perform preventative maintenance tasks, inspection, and trouble-shooting of quality issues to ensure the production of a high quality product within customer specifications.
- Following computerized instructions accurately set up, operate, and troubleshoot individual conductor extrusion process.
- Follow production schedules.
- Follow processes and correct errors to eliminate scrap and down time.
- Inspect product according to current Standard Operating Procedures and/or Control Plan.
- Problem solve production issues as products are set up and ran to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Accurately charge times to jobs.
- Utilize correct raw materials ordered from Material Handler as needed for your assigned process.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Material movement via hand truck.
- May work closely with Engineers on special product projects.
- Follow all safety rules and practices as well as requirements for use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- All other duties as assigned
- Problem solving
- Ability and willingness to reach and maintain technician skill level in Extrusion
- Analytical ability (Root Cause)
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math
- Teamwork oriented
- English Proficiency Level: B2 (Upper Intermediate)
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Working within an air-conditioned production/manufacturing environment. Walking surfaces are cement flooring with anti-fatuige mats. PPE required: Steel toe shoes and safety glasses.
Stand and walk for 8 hours per shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Must have the ability to do repetitive hand work with frequent handling, using fingers to feel, and wrists to twist and turn. Ability and agility to work with both hands. Must have the ability to climb stairs to railed platform working with high temperature plastics.
Expected Hours of Work:
Hours of work is an 8-hour shift with the opportunity to work overtime
Travel may be expected for this position.
No relocation is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. Technical degree preferred.
1 to 2 years previous manufacturing experience preferred. Mechanical aptitude, and experience with manufacturing equipment. Previous computer experience preferred.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable):
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the TEAM Member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.
Northwire, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V