Collaboration and teamwork will enable you to succeed in the fast-paced, rapidly changing custom manufacturing environment at Northwire. Candidates must demonstrate a high attention to details and strong fine motor skill abilities. Working within a production environment, safely operate equipment to perform set-up and operation of multiple braiding machines to weave fine wire and thread over cable. Perform preventative maintenance tasks, inspection, and trouble-shooting of quality issues to ensure the production of a high quality product within customer specifications.
- Set-up, operate and troubleshoot Braiding process
- Retrieve data in computer and set-up jobs as scheduled
- Order raw materials from Material Handler as needed for your assigned process
- Use barcode scanner(s) to verify material part numbers
- Maintain product documentation per requirements
- Perform and document all quality inspections as required
- Maintain current on Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions for assigned process
- Follow all safety rules and practices as well as requirements for use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Assist with scheduled facility inventories
- All other duties as assigned
- Problem solving
- Analytical ability (Root Cause)
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math
- Teamwork oriented
- English Proficiency Level: B2 (Upper Intermediate)
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Working within an air-conditioned production/manufacturing environment. PPE required: Steel toed shoes and safety glasses.
Stand and walk for 8 hours per shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Must have the ability to do repetitive hand work with frequent handling, using fingers to feel, and wrists to twist and turn. Ability and agility to work with both hands.
Expected Hours of Work:
Hours of work is an 8-hour shift with the opportunity to work overtime
Travel may be expected for this position.
No relocation is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED.
1 to 2 years previous manufacturing experience preferred. Mechanical aptitude, and experience with manufacturing equipment.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable):
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the TEAM Member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.
Northwire, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V