The Account Manager will develop market position and grow revenue in accordance with defined targets for Northwire’s Industrial business unit. This role will develop and implement a sales strategy that will be focused on new business acquisition.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Develop and maintain outstanding working relationships with customers to ensure high levels of customer experience.
- Plan and execute against a revenue target for a portfolio of leads, prospects and customers.
- Identify new trends by researching industry events, publications and announcements as well as tracking emerging technologies in strong-performing companies.
- Provide technical support and demonstrate product value to prospects and customers.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by examining opportunities, risks and customers’ goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels within the account to position Northwire as a strategic partner.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Manage all opportunities within CRM throughout the sales process.
- Effectively communicate with all other team members to promote the business needs of the territory and business unit to foster growth.
- Enhance the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to career accomplishments.
- Expertise in product and market knowledge.
- Technical knowledge within the electronics industry, ideally interconnectivity.
- Prospecting capabilities, closing skills and sales planning.
- Effective communication style to support cross-functional involvement.
- Ability to form successful working relationships quickly at all levels.
- Strong customer interfacing capabilities.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Must possess strong territory management, organizational and reporting skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to accurately forecast and budget.
This position operates in a professional office environment and will be required to travel. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and mobile phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The role requires desk work within an office environment as well as travel by plane and vehicle. While performing the duties of this position, the TEAM Member is frequently required to talk or listen to fellow TEAM Members and customers. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Travel up to 50% is expected for this position.
No relocation is expected for this position. Ideally, the Account Manager will be located in the Twin Cities metro area, but other Midwestern hubs are open for consideration where the employee will work remotely.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Technical degree plus a minimum five (5) years of relevant sales experience or equivalent education and experience.
- 3 years’ experience in a customer-facing position.
- 3 years’ experience with highly technical sales.
- At least 3 years’ of demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated B2B relationships.
- At least 3 years of strategic selling experience that includes senior level meetings with accounts.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Project Management Institute Certification (PMI), preferred
- Design for Manufacturability
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable):
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the Team Member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.
Northwire, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V