Quality Series, Part 3: Sample and Quality Check All Wire and Cable
In keeping with the highest standards, Northwire provides wire and cable products and service uncompromising in its performance and life span.
To assist our customers in making informed cable and wire purchases, Northwire’s weblog has presented factors to consider when making your next industrial wire or cable purchase as noted on Manufacturing.net by David Gallagher and David Fallon.
Northwire’s previous weblog encouraged wire and cable buyers to:
- Be mindful of copper prices
- Examine connector construction
- Inspect jacketing material
- Examine cable markings
- Ask for electrical performance test results
In addition to these important steps, Northwire suggests that wire and cable customers:
- Examine wire gauge: Always request sample wire and cable and ask for multiple samples making the effort to strip, measure and review all cable samples before making a purchase. This practice will help you avoid the mistake of purchasing the incorrect gauge of wire or cable for your application.
- Sample and quality check all products: To protect your business from an inferior wire and cable purchase, continually quality check all cable and wiring to ensure that it meets your standards and complies with any necessary standards. Go beyond the original sample your seller offers to ensure that all of the product batch meets your needs.
Keeping these helpful steps in mind can be an effective way to ensure that you’re working with a quality cable engineering company and that your next wire and cable purchase meets all of your needs and will perform well in the designated application whether it be for industrial, medical or mil spec wire or cable.
Contact Northwire for Same Day Quotes and Free Wire and Cable Samples
Northwire never compromises quality or integrity within our wire and cable products or services while maintaining good pricing and value. Whether you’re purchasing industrial cable, mil spec wire and cable, medical wire, marine grade wire, stock or custom cables, contact Northwire for a quote on your next project.